Monday, May 16, 2011

welcome!- the evolution begins

For a person who never seems to have enough hours in a day to get things done, I'm not sure if doing another blog is a good idea. Lol.

But this is more for myself- as inspiration & documentation of where I've been and where I'm headed. But why now?

A little back story...

On December 28, 2007 I broke up with my then boyfriend & then was laid off from my then job all within 7 hours. Though both were situations that I no longer wanted, I did go into a state of depression. All of 2008 is a blur. But in February of 2009, I lost a dear friend to me & in September of that same year, I lost my granma. I think those events shaped the person I am today- The person who goes after her goals and appreciates every day. All these events definitely shaped how hard I go for my business.
But in the interim, my style suffered. I'm still getting rid of my "depression" clothes & realizing how much stuff i acquired that i didn't love.



This is a bag full of stuff I am letting go. (Looks much bigger in person.) And it's just the latest garbage bag of clothes I've donated. But now that leaves me with very little clothes. (I know, I'm a designer, I should just make stuff, right? Well, with me now doing production & less sewing for my label, I will have more time to make more stuff for me!) I used to pride myself on not wearing the same thing twice but now it seems to be the story of my life! Lol. But I am ready for change...

And the first change was to get rid of my hair:

Yes, after almost 13 years of having locs, i decided to take the leap and cut them last weekend.

I do miss my hair, as that was the thing that people associated with me & especially my clothing line, but i just think it was long overdue.

Now I think I'm ready to start the new chapter in my life...

Stay Tuned!

6 comments:

  1. You are so brave and fearles, I love your line and enjoy reading about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing T! And dont feel bad cause my wardrobe is so tiny now. I barely sew for myself these days lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, apart of me is going to miss you. The you that was dreded, dyed and unique. Now I must embrace this new flyness that will be uniquely you. God bless you and your new journey. I welcome it with open arms. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. I wish you a blessed journey. And most imporatntly thank you.
    I say this because in '09 I experienced adversities quite similar. Broke up from a troubled relationship (which was a blessing), lost my bestfriend from cancer and though I lived with a smile. My heart had hurt. I was so use to having all the answers, giving so much advice, I became embarrassed for being stuck and not knowing my next steps. So I took a leap as well. And I'm continuing to leap with faith..... and learning, renewing, cutting and growing again, etc.

    I wish you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg!!! I'm gonna miss those dreads but you look great girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!!!!!!! I love it tho! I think everyone should cut their hair off one time in their life, it's empowering!! U look amazing

    ReplyDelete